Friday, January 2, 2009

Anyohaseyo to 2009!!!

My last day of 2008 spent in Penang was rather unique and unexpected. Actually I didn't planned to go anywhere at the beginning.
But, the nighgt before New Year eve, I received message from my friend in KL and they said they are coming to Penang!! Arh.....! I'm going back on the day after tomorrow......
I wish they had come earlier, then I can take them around the island. hmm...
However, we still managed to visit few places, mostly is historical sites likes Fort Cornwallis, Kek Lok Si, Kuan Yim Teng, Burmese Buddha Temple, Sleeping Buddha Temple, St. George Church, Gurney Drive and Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion.
It's quite boring, but what can I do? Time is so packed.
After visiting all the places, we had our dinner before sending them back to their hotel.
We ordered Claypot Chicken Rice, Bak Kut Teh, Oor Cien (omelete with oyster) and Wantan Mee. I can't join them after the dinner for countdown event because I have to go back at 9 am on the next morning.....(DAMN!! I wish I'm Doraemon...or Nobita)
There's one thing I would like to express here, specially to the Indian Uncle at the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion. He's in-charge of collecting fees from the people who wish to join the guided tour in Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion which cost RM12 per person. But, we didn't wish to join and only want to take phtographs infront of the mansion. We just ignore him and start taking photo.
Suddenly, he shouted : "Get lost!! Don't want to pay money still want to take photo!!"
Deep in my heart I answered him :"What's wrong with you! I didn't know that we have to pay RM12 just to take phototgraphs!!! HELLO!!!! Cheong Fatt Tze is a Chinese, not your grandpa!!! FISH you for the sake of Penang tourism!!"
Ok, that's all for that Choco monster in the Cheong Fu*k Tze Mansion.
Generally, our trip was quite enjoyable, except for the one in Cheong Fatt Tze mansion. It's my first time celebrating my New Year eve with foreign friends and I will never forget that. Hamsamedan!!(Is that correct?)
I'm currently in Bandar Utama.
Happy new Year my friends!!


The building at the Burmese Buddha temple

Me, James, Freddy


Can't visit the statue of God of Mercy at the kek Lok Si because it's still under renovation


Kek Lok Si

Emo-ing......

Buddha sleeping...

Guardian of the temple

a clock tower ( I like the stucture)

AHhhhh!!! Mr. Kok!!

Fort Cornwallis

He sure know how to pose

Freddy

James

Prison?

Gun powder

Blacj granite-one of the ingredient needed to fire your balls...XP

Does Cannon produce balls?

A store in Fort Cornwallis

St. George Church

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

woei song~
~was that really mr.kok in one of ur pic
~wow,it looks like u r having a really gud holiday..haha
~:p

JeweL said...

LOL. never knew tat penangties still visit penang historical sites. :>

KazkiBear said...

[jewel]hohoho,paiseh~who said tat we cnt visit penang historical sites 1..sobXx
[woeisong]woo,u go bek d ah?

hkyhyw said...

Wishing u all the very best in 2009!

natto said...

no way that's mr. kok.
the t-shrit looks same tho...
maybe they bought it at the same shop?

Song said...

< Anonymous >haha....nolar,just testing your skill of identification. But, may I know your name...haha XD

< Jewel&Kazkibear> Yarloh,why can't a Penangite visit Penang?

< Kazkibear > Ya, I already went back to hostel on 1st January. There's event in college, so I can't stay longer in Penang.

< hkyhyw >You too!!!

< natto >haha...perhaps Mr. Kok identical twin brother? XP

Anonymous said...

adoiaiii~
woei song its me lorr...
~aizat...
sori la i dunnot how this comment suppose to work...
ok2

Song said...

< Aizat > OH!!!it's you...First time ke?Welcome!! I didn't know it was you...many people's name start with an 'A', including ur.....kekekkkkk.....shhh...

Anonymous said...

is that really mr kok??no way~hahaha!

Anonymous said...

by the way,i'm izzati

Anonymous said...

WWS~
hahaha
~i always come here lorr,reading ur blog..hahaha
~but i dun hav one,dats why la 'anonymous':p
~but it's ok lorr as long as i can comment on anybody blogs.hehehe
~nice blog...n btw syhhhh
:P

Song said...

< Izzati > Hi Izzati! Hahaha...I know who you are...there's a picture of you