Monday, March 8, 2010

1st escape to the wilderness of Australia

Tasmania, one of the most boring places in Australia.
Tasmania, one of the lousiest and most remote places in Australia.
Tasmania, a place to rot.
Tasmania, a place for old people.
Tasmania, place for people with lousy result.
Tasmania, the perfect place for you to experience crazy temperature to the extreme.
Tasmania, a state which 'BORING' explains all.
Utas, the uni for lousy people which have low academic performance and pathetic life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......................................................
These are what I normally heard when I said I going to University of Tasmania.
But......Who cares?!


In order to bring life to my life, I joint TUWWRC (Tasmania University White Water Rafting Club) and we went for an intro trip last weekend till Monday. (Monday is a public holiday) It's my 1st ever time joining any activities organized by the 100% Australian organized club. My feelings were mixed, clueless, confused, worried, excited, glad, happy......don't know laa.....

Luckily, I found Mr. Grahm, one of the lecturer who's teaching Environmental Philosophy in my University. He fetched me on his way to our destination - Mersey Reserve Forest

It was lucky for us, the Lonnies (stands for people in Launceston), because we only have to drive for around 1 hour plus to reach there. For those who's coming from Hobart (another end of Tasmania), they need around 5 hour journey.
On the way to the venue, the view along the highway reminded me of Michael Buble's Home....hmmm...strange, whenever I am traveling, I will think of my home.....
On the way, you'll keep seeing vehicles like the Optimus Prime passing by.
"S I M P L Y T E R R I F Y I N G!!"
It was a 3 day & 2 night trip and the main activity is
RAFTING!!! RAFTING!!! RAFTING!!! and R A F T I N G !!!

When we first reched there, it's really a strange feeling, standing among people you don't know. Feelings were simply so complicated and I often felt like sinking among the locals. However, there're always those who are nice and willing to help. One of them would be
Ms. Beverley
, the woman in charge of the whole club and she gave me the feeling of Big Mama in the jail. XP

On the way, you'll also see quite a number of caravans that are heading away from the city into the woods for holiday!

Below are the views along the way to the reserved forest:

some are dry

some come with cows...DANIEL!! XD

Looked like paddy field in Kedah!

OMG....it reminds me of Fern & Win...miss them!

Sound of the music...."Doe, a deer..."

Entering the woods

The lecturer who went along with me - Mr. Grahm

The van from Hobart, which is supposedly to carry 12 people maximum. But, we manage to squueze in 25 of us..... erbs~

Before go on the river, check your safety helmet! Life jacket! Wet suite!

AND NO COTTON CLOTHING!

(unless you want to freeze to death)

Mersey River which gets quite merciless when you get on it.

Instead of rafting, some people do prefer kayaking which is more dangerous and challenging.

*Guyz, I'm sure that you guys must be waiting for photos which showing the almost-overturn raft on the white water. However,

SORRY!!!

No camera during rafting time!! Especially when we're on river, cause my camera is not water proof ..paiseh...haha*

Dinner is always BBQ.....Aussie's favourite.

The Bunk House which we stayed in during night.

It rained in the last morning, and everything became more challenging! Yay~

(but no photos...haha)

Before going back, some people did 'rain' for a while....

haha....just kidding, he's just adjusting his specs.

FYI, he's a Vietnamese who just graduated.

Penang, KL, Johor.....three insane melons...XP

group photo

Before going back, we went to a honey house:

Looked like toy shop?

Free tasting..means Eat ALL YOU CAN!!

Ice cream gal, anyone?

After 3 days of physical activities, we headed back....... tired...... with pain in the legs, hands, necks.....and ARSE hole (___ ______ lll)

p/s: Guys in Malaysia, below is one of the pictures from the catalouge of OZ gals. Let me know if you're interested, okay? I cargo back for you all. haha.....see? This is what called friends!

*Gals in Malaysia.... don't be dissapointed, catalouge for guys with aquamarine blue and emerald green eyes are coming out soon....haha

-TAKE CARE!-

No comments: