Friday, February 6, 2009

CNY ending soon!

It has been ages since I last updated my personal blog, thanks to my homework, lecturers and temptation during Chinese New Year. This year, the Chinese New Year I have had was unusual than those I had before. Due to some traditions, my family didn't celebrate CNY. That means no ANGPAUs, no CNY decoration in the house and less visiting. Hmmm......so what's the main point of celebrating CNY? To me....ANGPAUs are not as important as the chance of gathering with family members (although I still crave for Angpaus....haha XD). This is the first time I can call the CNY eve dinner as REUNION DINNER. I am already wondering how am I going to celebrate CNY in Australia when I go there to study.....hmmm.....it's must be very pathetic to celebrate CNY there without any relatives. haizxx....it's still long time to go...
Ok!! Back to topic, I don't want to be so emo...(unlike Jaev*n).

we had steamboat as our reunion dinner...saw that plate of dumpling? I made it!!hehe....there's a hole X_X. Although this year is the first time we had less family members gathering together, but I still cherish it very much. Afterthat, when the clock reached aroung 11.55pm, you will heard endless reveberation of the fireworks. But, maybe due to the econmic recession this year, the fireworks this year just lasted for around 10 minutes..haizxx. NOT ENOUGH le!

On the first day, as usual, the whole family went to pray first at our ancestor temple. Later, we went to vegetarian restaurant to eat. The business was DAMN good. But I don't think the vegetarian food sold in restaurant nowadays are as healthy as the one sold 20 years ago. MSG...MSG...and MSG.......(hair and fur falling down like shower....haha)
















Photography session!!Helping my grandmother to pose. XP...haha








The new spokesman for the temple....







ErBs!! (+___+ lll)
Way to go Ah Ma!! (not you.. Jaevon....Ah Moi...)








Family photo......RED! RED!! REDDD-rrdd!!! ONG arhh!





Photography session again!! This time is at my old house. I think this year will be the last year I still able to see it standing robustly on the ground. Sayonara!! Inside the photo: my siblings and I!

Part of the BIG family.


2009 is the year of Ox! Happy 牛year!! Mow~mow~~(I think this bunch of cows are seriously affected by the Mad cow disease..kekkkk)


Having our breakfast before my family travelled to my maternal grandparents' house in Kedah.

















This photo was taken when we are on our way to my granparents' house. While my father pulled the car aside the road to buy his 4-D, I suggested that we snap some photo at the historical terrace houses. I like this picture the most.

The models : my brother and my sister.

Photographer: of course me laa!

On the third day of CNY, due to the low frequency of visiting others this year and extremely low rate of being visited, my family decided to spend some time on Penang Hill. My aunt booked a bungalow from her friends and we went up there t have a barbeque session.


The barbecue pit provided.


Everybody is busy helping themselves with mountains of food. Everybody! DIG in!!!

The place we had our barbeque - Beleview Hotel. It was the first detergent free hotel in the world. That means soaps, washing powder, dish washer and other cleaning agent are not allowed to be used in or around the hotel. It is to preserve the envirounment surrounding the hotel. Only natural cleaning agent are allowed.

The night view on Penang

Saw Komtar? i think it's the tallest building in Penang island.


A perfect place for couple to spend their leisure time. Why? The light was dimn and others can't see you or what are you doing clearly from far. Besides, the temperature was quite low, so that you all have the reason to hug together....haha....That's what called a perfect spot for dating. Ah Beng heard it? Bring KCV here lah!! But ave to make sure that no one knows....kekekkkk XP


Saw the Penang bridge? The longest bridge in south east Asia. Sorry for the poor performance of my camera..it's so blur (?~?)
On the next morning, I woke up quite early and went to shoot for the dawn of the day.
My brother emo-ing....heheh......I shoot this frm the back
Feel the weight of the sun.


Feel the warmth of it.




千手观音。。。。。。六手而已啦. Saw my bottle?


The dog we found along the trail. It followed us along our trip until we went back.

I think that's all.....Hope all my friends and family members will have a prosperous Ox year!

Work hard like an Ox for yor future!!

6 comments:

KazkiBear said...

my god!!!
y u post it..delete~~~~

Daniel Hazmy said...

so nice family outing. and that sepia picture is nice. i liked it too

Song said...

< kazkibear >hehe....dont want lah....
< daniel H >....ya..once in a while lah..

JeweL said...

hahahaha... oh... jia chun... shh i wont tell anyone... XD

KazkiBear said...

[song]Arghh~~!!!! nvm..passed d wat..i wont care..by d way..hw u explore 1? geng!
[jewel]argh!!!!u saw nothng!!u saw nothng!!!

刘峻佑 said...

钟灵传奇!哈哈!