Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kuih Kapit

This afternoon, after days of planning........me and my brother decided to "PU" Kuih Kapit.
*PU means panggang in Hokkien, not the 'PU' in 'PU-ki' XD

Kuih kapit got many names....Chinese call it 糕加必,鸡蛋卷,夹心卷。。。等等
Malay call it 'kuih kapit' (of course)
But among all, I like it's English name the most!
LURVE LETTER!!
People used to hide notes inside the cookies!!
(nice but, lousy and unhygienic trick!)
Anyway, girls are going to melt if you give them one....haha

Ingredient list:
20 medium sized eggies
tapioca flour
rice flour
sugar
water
coconut milk
etc. (my brother prepared the ingredient)

After mixing all the ingredient, the baking session kicked off straight away!

Labour of the day:


My aunt-one of the kaki panggang

My brother - the folder...not file?

my cousin - The joker!

Another kaki panggang - me!


The stove
After that you will get something like this....
it's sizzling hot! always burnt my fingers when taking out the still-soft kuih kepit


fold when it's still hot!!
FAST! FAST!!
HOT!! HOT!!!


Danglang!! There goes the kuih and the...... middle finger
(It belongs to my brother)

Sometimes, the atmosphere can be quite pressure..
So many inspectors.....




Salivating?




STOP eating and WORK!!! XP
(kesian my dog)

I'm going to miss this when I get to Australia!! (if I can..)

Chinese New Year coming....
I can smell IT!

3 comments:

.::annemishi::. said...

huaaahh.. kuih kapit...
its been a while i didnt eat it.

i never know its english name is lurve letter. haha. so cool!

Song said...

next time go sell in AUSTRALIA!

Vloggerlyfe said...

I really like your blog! If you would like a new design for your blog please let us know. Bloggy Blog Designz