Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On my way to Goldcoast

This trip can be considered as the last escape before my Uni recommences. To where?
GOLD COAST!黄金海岸!
A place which shares the same weather with Malaysia, hot and humid. To me, it's heavenly heaven. (o^ ~ ^o)
Before reaching Goldcoast, I have to transit at Melbourne. Too bad, no KBU'ians there =(
Hmm... what can I say about Melbourne?.....
It's a city, definitely a metropolitan, especially for a Tassie boy who has been indulging himself in the Australian Bush for the past 365 days.
*yes, exactly 365 days after I've reached Tassie*

At first, we didn't really plan to go into the Melbourne city. 
What we first planned was just hanging around the Melbourne airport, 
sleep here and there, 
hanging around again, 
sleep here and there again.... 
and make ourselves bored. 

But

How can we stand rooted on the ground when there's a metropolitan city out there!!??

We checked out the fare needed to be paid to get onto the city express shuttle.
It was DAMN BLOOD SUCKING SKYROCKETING HIGH! 
*well..... for a shuttle bus* XP
So, we rented a car which is almost hundred dollar cheaper than our bus fare in total.
SO?!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Theeee Melbourne CeeTee'eeeess Way-aiting for us!
(Adrenalin pumping in the vessels) haha... just can't help.

We're on the Melbourne Highway!!!
I noticed they called it 'Freeway', which means toll free, while the one named Centrelink is not. 
Another unusual thing about the toll is they don't have toll station to collect the toll fees. 
Instead, they have a speed camera to capture the registration number of the vehicles 
and bill will reach the doorstep of the owners. 
Canggih kan!? No queue, which means less jamming along the road.

My first ever glimpse on the Melbourne CBD skyline!
*sorry for the over-reacting, I just can't help it* >_

nice taste on designing the bridge supports.

We first parked the car at the Queen Victoria Market, 
then only we started on our city venture.


 I think I should call it "an open-eye to Melbourne CBD architecture"




















The transportations in Melbourne
Bicycle, anyone?
Tram service

Who has a soft heart for fairy tale comes true?

Standing between the new and old?

You can see how 'sampat' I am, even the flower stall becomes the victim of this shutterbug. 

Walking by the street

LOOK!
Me: HUA-WHAT?!!

I call this rumah kotak, house of boxes =P





This building looked like the giant version of an I-beam... haha

Even the street lamp is so Artsy-Fartsy!!
I felt so BEH-tahan!! But I like it! haha... 

(*_______*) ##
beware of the stalker looming around~



RMIT













A warm and hommie ghost house > ~ <

My housemate with the beautifully vaulted corridor 
Seriously, I really felt different when I first stepped into the Melbourne CBD.
Everything's so different from Tassie,
the endless crowd
the beautiful skyline
the rushing asian community
the  tram which is *ting-ting-tiang-tiang* away in distance
the breath-taking hook turn at the cross junction
the summer weather
the artsy-fartsy street
the cooling greeneries
the diversity found there is really nice!

Bye Melbourne!
and
GOLD COAST! WAIT FOR MEE! 

2 comments:

ElAine SaW said...

爽到啊~
colourful life~ xD

enjoy ur gold coast trip~
shall wait for ur post :)

Song said...

haha...thanks镇铃