Friday, June 17, 2011

Puree

Yeasterday, my housemate said he feels like making roti canai, 
and I said 
"WHY NOT?!"
haha... coz I can eat along as well. =P

"Nomm....Nommmm...ommm....ommmm:"

On the other hand, I made something in return as well..... something I miss
It has been a long long time since I last tasted this Indian fried bread.
PUREE

I was first introduced to this puffy delicacy by my auntie.
She's the one who exposed us to the Mamak culture, roti canai, teh tarik...etc.
I would say Puree is one of my favourite among all.
Compared with roti canai, roti telur, roti tisu and other famous Mamak/Indian food,
Puree is not so common. I've asked all of my Malay friends and none of them know about it.
Some people called it "Fried Chapati", and it's really interesting when you fry it.
the thin pastry just "PUFF!" up, leaving a spacious gap between the top and bottom crust.

Normally, I would eat it from a Indian stall in the middle of the wet market and run by an Indian auntie.
She does lots of stuffs, ranging from drinks, all kinds of roti, Putu Mayong, Take away rice.... and so on.
But among all, I like the Puree the most, the one with potato and chicken stuffing.
if not mistaken, just RM3.60, and normally I'd ask her to put more chillies in it.


Holidays are never bad.
You get the chance to do something which pampers yourself.

For me, it's eating.
Eating something nostalgic.
haha...


NOmmmm..... NOMmmmmmm ommmmmm......

No comments: