Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ugly taste古早厝

Rarely talk about my opinions in design here...
Well, cause not everybody understands it.
This time gonna talk about TASTE.

Still remember last semester, my design was said to  be 'fat,bulky,and fugly'.
Well... I'm not a huge fans of breath-taking designs *blah...blah...blah*
To me, functionality comes BEFORE aesthetic.
I love science, structure and logics. Eventhough, I'm a fan of aesthetic, it's in a different way though.
If I have the choice, I would choose to save the money rather than making the whole building looking arty-farty. Watch the video below if you know mandarin *sorry, no subtitle*
It's about a Taiwanese journalist who used to work for magazine which interviews ONLY expensive,luxurious,breath-taking buildings. After turning 30, she took a 180 degree change and seek for the spirits in old a.k.a vernacular architecture.

Some of you might disagree with this, but sometimes, taking aesthetics as the departure point just make me SICK! Well..... I think I should have taken a double degree course...
Architecture and Civil Engineering. XP



还记得有位朋友来我家时,他对我说了一句话:
“你的家很乱,真的几乱一下。。。
但,很窝心,很有家的感觉”

haha.....

No comments: