Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Lunch


Continuously for two years, I was given the opportunity to experience couple X'mas overseas. When I was still in Penang, my small aunty will always organize an X'mas party. 
I think we can be considered as a big family. Even though we're not Christian, we celebrate X'mas. 
haha.... who cares? as long as you get to gather with friends and family, eat, drink and enjoy~!


This year, my boss asked me to go over to the restaurant for an X'mas lunch. He's originally from the United States and been in Tassie for around 9 years. He first came here with his ex-wife (he REALLY mind the 'EX'!), first in Melbourne, then Tasmania (after they got on a different way).

Well, I was not told to bring anything for the gathering, but, common sense....duh~
I made a supposed-to-be-a-moist-chocolate-mud-cake, but I sieved the mixture after I have mixed them..... which led it becoming a SUPER rich brownie! =____= A HUGE DISAPPOINMENT!!! =(


Well, despite the cake-into-brownies incident, she still deserve a photo
Say "Cho-ko-latt-teh" XP

The signboard which made almost everyone think that my boss' name is Joe...haha


The interior, viewing from the cashier.

When he first opened the restaurant, which was located at a different location.


Viewing towards the kitchen through a bottle of Tequila *
that's my boss*

Hunter, my boss' son and the kitchen chef&helper.

We sell mainly 'Creole' food, which refers to a variety of mixed cuisine developed by the 'white descendants who settle in Carribean or Central/South of America'. My boss' from Missouri, which is central western of America.
And THEY LOVE SPICES!!!
If you say South East Asians love 'cili padi' a.k.a small hot baby chillies 
I think Jalapeno chillies can be said to be part of Creole food.


Creole...loh lee loh

Mix of Mac-hee-co as well *Mexico*

Enough of crap, LET'S CHECK ON THE FOOD!

flash head!

 The turkey.... with the excess stuffing sitting out there. 


I made this REAL big cause it's my favourite of the whole X'mas lunch!!!
Home made ham!!! Smoked and slow grilled! with brushes of orange juice + brown sugar.
YUM!!! totally divine!

This is called....ermm...erm....
FORGOT!!! hahahaha....
Recipe of this unknown side dish:
A bed of sweet potato,
Sprinkled with brown sugar,
Topped with a few pieces of butter,
Layered with sufficient marshmallow
and
BAKE!


Oh ya! don't forget to sprinkle some Pecan nuts yea!


I CAN'T BELIVE IT IS NOT A DESSERT!!!
It's a side dish! A God-damn side dish! *pardon me~lalala*

It scored 6 out of 10 as a side dish,
but would have made it to 9 if it's a dessert. *persistent*


My boss' daily mood-board, which 's supposed to reflect how he's feeling.
(Act cute~ layan je lah)

Another unique dish below *cough-cough* is called white salad... 
which is quite racist.... ={D

Boss: "Only the whites can eat this,
you honey-coloured asians and 
those charcoal-covered people can't"
*Obviously pulling my leg*
t(=_____ = lll)t hahaha....


I made this large as well not because I love it.... just for you to guess what's inside...

Got it?.....

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

- Orange flavoured jelly (smashed)
- Tiny marshmallows
- Cream (beaten up)
- Carrot strips

The first moment you placed it into your mouth,
you will feel...
!~THE AWKWARD MOMENT~!
haha... quite.... 

unforgettably sweet
 unique and diversified
 quirky and fanciful
 flamboyant for the colour, esp. for a X'mas salad

and

refreshing~! just like coming out from a hot steamy bath 
(have to use orange-flavoured soap/shampoo though!)


















It's a pleasant day... 
if there's no brownies...haha

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys!

No comments: