Sunday, December 30, 2012

1st day in Sydney

Was talking about posting my trip.... There you go!
THE VERY VERY FIRST DAY!!!

I caught the early flight from Lonnie to Sydney.
It took me 3 years to reach one of the most iconic cities in Australia, can't believe it? not even myself *ha!!*

I was rather anxious at first on the plane.
First is I'm gonna meet my junior JJ after 3 years of not seeing him.
and second is I'm really really unsure about my trip.
Especially the transportation in Sydney.... after being in Kampung Lonnie for so damn LOOOONG.

Luckily, I met a new friend on the early flight.
His name is Sai, (not PSY, even though I wish he is) XP
We got along pretty well, and found out that we actually share quite a number of similarities.
We are both the eldest among our siblings, the only one in Aussie with family back home (he's from Cambodia). He's just completed his degree in medicine and going to sit for his test before taking up housemanship as a General Practitioner.
With his help, I got my Multipass at a convinience shop successfully! YAAATAA!
=D FIRST STEP city's public transport for a tourist!


Afterwards, I boarded a 400 bus franticly with JJ guiding me through the mobile. 
The line wasn't really clear at that time. What I heard is just:
"when you see........mall.......turn...... then you will..... right....traffic light"
当时真的听到心都凉了。。。
head-ache ahhh.....
I decided to hang the phone off, and rely on text. 
It's hard.... but at least more stable, at least you won't get a missing sentence.
With the help of texts and the google earth I did before, I manage to arrive not lost. XP
I almost shout out to a guy who resembles my junior at first (I realise my ability to differentiate asians has actually drop...haha... I keep calling the wrong person from far) >_<!!!!
After meeting up, we went for lunch at an Indon restaurant, which is not too bad. =D
Then, we headed to his uni, the University of New South Wales.


The architecture school

Ma junior JJ

sarcasm ehh?

obviously, someone's overbored




Head bang-bang!
too tired JJ?
(he has just finished bringing some of his friends around.... komennasai)


According to JJ, it's always flocked with graduans waiting to take photos at this  monument.
hmm.... not sure why.

One of the brilliant coloured buildings

See you UNSW!!
Later, we caught up with Jabez (my senior) and JJ's roomie LiTi for dinner.
Then, we headed to the can't-be-any-more-famous Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

WHOA!!!! FINALLY!!! I'MMMM HERE!!!

Harbour Bridge
This pretty much concludes my first night in Sydney. Stay tune for more 
=D


No comments: