Saturday, August 17, 2013

Amateur cooks in the class!

In order to get us into Indonesian context,
my lecturer suggested to have a class dinner
  INDONESIAN STYLE!
My group volunteered to cook gado-gado and chicken rendang.
It's our first time making these two dish from scratch *菜鸟*
From scratch, I say 'from scratch'
not buying some instant sauces KAY~
But glad things turned out pretty well *Pat on the back*


1pm and IT'S BLOODY LUNCH TIME! 
Yaiee!

MENU OF THE DAY
-   GADO - GADO (by Saiful and Zahir)
peanut sauce with pan-seared tofu, 
blanched long beans, bean sprouts,
spinach, hard boiled eggs and prawn fritters)

-  CHICKEN  RENDANG
(by me)

- CHILI  AND  LIME 
CUCUMBER APPLE 
ACAR
(prepared by Cerridwen , my studio lecturer)

- ONDEH-ONDEH
(prepared by my Hong Kong classmate Corrine)
way to go HK gal!

- SIRAP BANDUNG 
aka 
SODA GEMBIRA
(Prepared by Fern, Malaysian classmate who worked in SG)

HAPPY HAPPY SODA!
*My classmates're curious with the pink colour intensity*

We were so full that afternoon.
It's been a long time since I last have a proper lunch.
I mean a filling, home-cooked lunch! =P


*BLURRRRRPPPPPPP*
wish this is not our first and last! 
=D

No comments: