Monday, April 27, 2009

Light exhibition

Event : Light Exhibition 2009
Venue : Annexe Gallery, 10, 1st Floor, Jalan Hang Kasturi, KL.
Admission : FREE!!! (that's why we went for it! XP)
Last week, we were informed about an exhibition at Pasar Seni by Mr. Derick. As a group of future architects, we were encouraged to visit the exhibition in order to gain some inspiration for our future career. At first, we planned to go on the week before our exam. However, we dicided to postpone it to this week so that we can focus on our exam and also have a temporary escape after having our chemistry and physics tests.
But-However-On the other hand-On the contary-Unfortunately-Unexpectedly-Sadly..., everyone seemed to enjoy flying aeroplane pretty much. In the end, only left Nicky and me who are going.....aihhh...kena FFK (fong fei kei!!) Suan-le!!! But, we had a great time there appreciating the art pieces. The whole exhibition room was dimly lit, with only some wall light.
Cheers!!!
Tangle up your life
Light made from milk boxes. NICE!
Feels like mothers' wombs......warm and secure
Table lamp made from Yakult's straw. Did you notice that?


Uekk......vomitting..... Green day having a BAD day XP
One of my favourite piece of work is the one with numerous little flowers made from used plastic bottles. It's quite impressive for the artist to figure out the way to fold and shape the plastic bottles into flowers. They only use two staples to create a flower. Although this work piece was not as attractive as the others, which have LED light surrouding them, it gives me the feeling of "CHILDHOOD DREAM". When I first saw it, a Chinese song 紅蜻蜓(red dragonfly) comes straight to my mind.
紅蜻蜓Red Dragonfly
飛呀 飛呀 看那紅色蜻蜓飛在藍色天空
Fly! Fly! Watching that red dragonfly flying in the sky

遊戲在風中不斷追逐牠的夢
In the sky, he is playing with the wind while searching for his dreams.

天空是永恆的家 大地就是牠的王國
If the sky is his eternal home then the earth is his kingdom

飛翔是生活
Flying is LIFE

我們的童年也像追逐成長吹來的風
Our childhood growing at a speed of breeze

輕輕地吹著夢想 慢慢地昇空
Gently, it's blowing our dreams. Slowly, they rise to the sky

紅色的蜻蜓是我小時候的小小英雄
Red dragonfly, my little hero when I was small and shy.

多希望有一天能和牠一起飛
It was my dream to fly together with it, the red dragonfly.

當煩惱越來越多 玻璃彈珠越來越少
The worries in our lives are replacing the glass marbles of our childhood

我知道我已慢慢的長大了
I know I am growing up

紅色的蜻蜓曾幾何時也在我歲月慢慢不見了
No one knows when, my red little hero slowly dissapeared from my chilhood

我們都已經長大 好多夢正在飛
We already grown up and numerous dreams are flying

就像童年看到的紅色的蜻蜓
Like the red dragonfly I saw during my childhood

我們都已經長大 好多夢還要飛
We are grown up and there are numerous dreams waiting to fly

就像現在心目中紅色的蜻蜓
They are just like the red dragonfly in our mind

It has been a long time since I last listen to this song. It's about growing up, childhood lives and realizing dreams in our lives. The piece of light work remided me of how many dreams i had in my childhood, the things I believed, the things I liked and disliked, the things I owned, the things I played..... They are like the little flowers made from the plastic bottles, light and fragile. Dreams are light and fragile too. They can set off to the sky and top everything else in our lives. Yet, it may be too light until it stands no weight in our lives.
I would like to call this piece of work "Flying dreams".
SUGOI!!!!
Looked like a plant (actually it's made from plastic bottles)
shh....shh.....Don't make any noise.....they are just too NICE!
Nicky : Woei Song, can it fit into my bag?
Dumpling, anyone? It's almost May

BEfore we Ki-siao

SSSsss....... Snake! 蛇拳!!

That's what we call "DEEPLY IN LOVE" (haha...)

Now, I'm deeply in sleep

Bebola Jiwa?

Looked like the tent used by Doraemon everytime they venture, don't you think so?

Mental-retarded kids

Don't vomit, please.....hehe

-END-

7 comments:

KazkiBear said...

好像很好玩酱,我也要参一份~只有你们俩在疯啊,真的很有创意wor,我很喜欢yakult的,可能我喜欢yakult吧,呵呵

Song said...

haha..yalrh,only 2 of us.
yakult? haha....later mayybe will attract ants.

KazkiBear said...

lol..u wil attract by ants too..coz u r 2 sweet..erbs

Song said...

haha...(__ ____lll) V

dorayen said...

impressive ..
speechless

renaye said...

interesting! i thought that's the amount of beers u have drank in the first photo!

Song said...

To dorayen: ya..those breath-taking masterpieces

to renaye: haha....I'm not that crazy