Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tore Tau Kueyh 花生饼

My friends always ask me : Do you really love to cook that much?
I will always give them a few giggles and said : I live to eat.
haha... typical Penangite huh? XD

Ya, it's true, especially when you're overseas and you miss the food at your hometown *especially your mum's not-guarantee-tasty-but-always-hearty meal*
and the only solution is either you forget about them or
roll up your sleeves and move your hand in the kitchen!

Of course I took the second option. Remember? I'm born to eat. XP

As Chinese New Year is approaching, of course I miss all the kuih making session with my mum and my aunties. Even though I do get some nagging and instructions delivered in high pitching voice, I still love it! Especially the moment the cookies were sent into the oven and soon the aroma filled the air, and finally came out and awwh~.... I'm drooling..... XD

Last year I did blog about the lurve letters a.k.a kuih kapit making in my house.
But this time, I'm going to blog about peanut cookies, Penang Hokkien would call it 'Tore Tau Kueyh", and my Malay friends call them Kuih Mazola. What ever it is, the thing matters to me is the 'YumYum" factor. XP

Alright, let's move our hands!


First, roast some peanuts till they're fragrant and almost burnt.
Then remove the skin of the peanut and blend them till they're fine.
But in my case, I would prefer to have some texture in it, so I didn't really blend until the peanuts turn into powder.


To produce the dough as shown above, mix the peanuts with ......


some plain flour (of course coles smart saver, the cheapest brand!)
normally the proportion would be peanut:flour = >2:1
if you want your kuih to melt into your mouth at the moment you put them in.
*that's a tip from my aunt, thanks 芳姑!*


some peanut oil


some caster sugar

before sending them into the oven, I brushed them with some egg yolk and a little egg white


HERE YOU GO! Song's TORE TAU KUEYH!


食物总是
思乡游子解愁的
最佳良方

这是无可否认的

新年要到咯!
咚!咚咚!锵!
哈哈~

3 comments:

Vachel said...

i find bo ur chatbox
so i leave it here
hahaha seems yummy wor...
really taste like our hse de?:P
nxt yr come back do some for me har? ahahah

ElAine SaW said...

Hi5 Vachel! I cant find the chatbox too haha

游子们的心情 =D
happy chinese new year ;)

Song said...

haha.... I've removed the chatbox, due to the increasing of spam and rubbish messages.

Vachel: of course can fight larr...haha

镇铃:haha... ya, 游子们的心情