Monday, January 19, 2009

Chinese New Year mood getting closer and closer...

Chinese New Year is just a week ahead but I just couldn't feel the atmosphere. It seems like this is the most boring days I have ever had before Chinese New Year. Last time, I used to help out with the making of cookies, all kinds of cookies and cleaning the house and decorating the living hall. The one I miss the most is kuih kapit and kuih sarang lebah(蜜蜂巢).I don't know why but I just like the feeling making all the cookies with my cousins, especially yhe little ones. Although sometimes they are not as skillful as the adults, but I like to work with them (or should I say mess up things together? haha....). Just a few packets of flour, sugar, a tray of eggs and some other miscellaneous ingredients like coconut milk and baking soda, we can exchange them for some precious time spent together. They are always filled with laughter and always become the memories for those who participated. Hmm....this year my family members did not make any cookies by themselves because of the tradition and pantang larang. So, I don't know when will I get the chance to make CNY cookies with them again since I may be flying to Australia next year. But, I'm sure there will be another days like those!!

hmm....memories
enjoy the sensation of the aroma of eggs and santan......(sniffing hard...)

Last Saturday, I went to Pavillion, Berjaya Times Square and Sungai Wang with my roomate and another 2 friends in hostel. We went there to shop for CNY clothes (not without Atiqah's shopping power! XD) We walk for miles, searching and searching for outfit that suits our taste. I bought 1 long-sleeve T-shirt, 2 flannel shirts and one 3/4 black short pant. All cost me around RM130. My friend bought a T-shirt and a pair of Adidas shoes which cost him RM179. This made him to use his credit card for the first time....ow....ow.....I didn't know that out CIMB card can actually use as credit card. XP (Be careful Ah Beng....haha) We shopped for more than 4 hours....arhh....I can barely feel my feet afterthat....I'm impressed by girls who can walk for the whole day in shopping malls.


Pavillion from far.


Getting closer.....saw a trio group? that's my roomate and two friends


Franky and Chang Win posing infront of the 'Golden Bull of Prosperity'



Chang Win, Franky and I at the lobby hall.
Surprisingly, on last Sunday, there was a lion dance performance at Centre Point (the place my hostel situated). My roomie and I watched it together since our Sunday was damn boring. At least now I can feel a little bit of the CNY atmosphere. Besides, on Friday night, there was a Chinese intrumental duet (which means 2 types of Chinese music intruments being played at the same time) on a tiny, little, small stage set up by the authorities of Centre Point. The music reminded me of reunion dinner and I even recirded it and set one of it as my ring tone.

erhhh...... CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!


One of the lions, I call it 'GOLDIE' haha....



Another one which I called it as '小白脸’(means little white face) XD


Wooo~(Did you notice the one holding the lion's head is just a small boy?)


鼠年不做官仓鼠,
牛年甘为儒子牛;
鼠报平安归玉宇,
牛随吉瑞下天庭.

新年快乐!!!!


2 comments:

KazkiBear said...

几时才回来啊?
赶快回来啦~很多节目等着你呢!

Song said...

maybe Friday....or even Saturday.
I also hope to come back as early as possible...erh...sien nia..