Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A movie that I'll never watch in cinema unless...

Last Sunday, together with the my hostelmates, we went to watch 'Australia'. (Don't be so surprised...actually it's our homework because we have to do a movie review on it) It's a action movie packed with romance. Generally, it talked about the life of a English woman-Sarah Ashley (by Nicole Kidman) in Australia. It described how she managed to survive in the harsh environment of Australia and even managed to maintain her husband business in Australia with the help from Drover (by Hugh Jackman). The story reaches it climax when they start steering thousands of cattles all the way down to the ship. the story tells about Australian magic....haha, a boy who always tell others
"I will sing to you" (yaya...whatever...)
and the discrimination of the krimmer group....erm...perhaps what we called 杂种in Chinese.
Although I don't like Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jacker very much, I do think that they did a great job just that Nicole's little tummy is too obvious when she was wearing a cheongsam...erbs!!
Besides, I hope that the art-director would have paid more attention in setting up the shooting place. There were a few obvious flaws in the movie which showed that the art-director is not doing his work very well.
The movie ticket cost me RM10 and I think that it's quite worthy...(hugging my wallet tightly...)
p/s: For those who had watch 'Kung Fu Hustle', you will be surprised because the land lord was one the actor inside this movie!!包租公!!
Mr. Drover and Sarah

Saw the bags behind?


oh.....kissing in the rain


Australia.....hmm....perhaps 2010!

3 comments:

KazkiBear said...

i haven't watch this movie yet..not becoz of wat..jz dun like nicole..do u stil rmb bwitched?? Gv bek 2 me my RM10..dis is d suckezt movie i even seen..god! bt aniway,thx 4 sharin wit us..ohya.."They Wait"<--dis u hav 2 watch..although u dun liek horror movie..damn nice..

Daniel Hazmy said...

i like horror movie, song lets watch it one day :)

Song said...

< Kazkibear >haha...oh my ....Nicole...'They wait'?hmm...
< DanielH >hmm...if we can watch it on weekdays.before going back for CNY.