Friday, September 24, 2010

Cradle Mt

Finally.... this post is up after some severe procrastination XD

This is a one-day trip organized by the SSA (Singapore Student Association). Maybe you'd be asking by now : "So, you're a Singaporean?"
Nope, I'm just attracted by their activities, especially this outing!
It's a great breakaway from the monotonous and sedentary academic life and
I WOULD DIE FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES!!!
(except soccer....haha)

So! Let's move on !

Cradle Mountain is located some where at the middle of Tasmania, just a bit towards the west north. It's basically linked to other National Park, which is just like 'Bajaran Titiwangsa" in Malaysia.



We had a short break at a small town near Cradle Mountain, called Railton, a town filled with murals. At there, I managed to capture one of the many murals which was kind of contradicting with the weather on that day.
"DAMN~~" t(___ ____ )t

If not mistaken, this would the Mersey River (the river I went to during my rafting trip)
Man... I miss that trip! As we moved nearer to Cradle Mt, we were transferred from bus to a smaller van provided by the National Park.

*FYI, if you want to go to Cradle Mountain, it's the best to have a 4WD.
When the Tasmanian sky is overcast with dark clouds, your vehicles maybe stopped from travelling further to Cradle Mt.

While we were on the bus, some one shouted:
"SNOW!!! SNOW!!! AAAaahhhh!!!" (and eventually fainted) XD

At the same time, the whole crew in the bus just turned into a class of monkeys!!!
"CAMERA!!! CAMERA!!!"
"WHERE?? Where??"
"God damn IT!! I can't find my camera!!!"
Unfortunately~ I'm one of them...haha...memang sua pa kao habis!
(in Hokkien, it means monkey in the jungle)

It was my first time seeing snow too..... and the feeling was GREAT!!!
Finally, we reached the Dove Lake which is surrounded by the mountains.

While others were snapping photos, I snap their photo... It's good to be a part time stalker.
The journey begins! and I could see umbrellas and raincoat everywhere.....

To me, it's not really the snow I expected. Instead, it turned out to be 'ICE', like those we eat in Malaysia...oooo.... I miss my "Ang Tao Sxing aka ABC ice. =(
It's like those tropical rain forest in Malaysia... just that it's colder and windier.

Walk.... and walk

Watch out for the snow, they'll make you slip, fall and roll perfectly like a PIG. XO
Wey~! Don't leave me behind!!
According to local report: You can only see the Cradle Mountain clearly for 20 days in a year.
Should I be considered lucky to be able to view its shadow?
Half way through, I keep hearing sound of water gushing down from somewhere nearby. Searching...... scanning... FINALLY!
Sua Pa Kao aka me:"Woooooo-Woooooiiiii.....!!! WATERrrrrr~FAaaal......aal...aall...aaall...."
(echoing in the air)


Step in 'ICE'
Step on deck
Step on pebbles

On that day, I went out from my house at 8pm and reached home at 8pm..... tired but
SHIOK arr!!! It has been a while since I really go into the nature and wonder around.....miss my scouting journey!

Picture below: "Whenever there's a shadow, there's a ninja.....L-A-M-E
(poo-lease, don't laugh...hahahaha)

*Extras (Backstabbing lah......cough~cough~)
When we were circling the Dove Lake, the treacherous trail turned into small river with the water washing down all the time on our feet. Luckily, I was told about the weather before hand.
But, for others, especially those who are conscious about their hairstyle, sexy-ness, make up and fashion all the time..... TAKE THAT!

After this trip, I learnt that:
-It's not impossible to wear high heels for extreme sports...... SALUTE!
-Formal shirts, ties and hard leather/PVC shoes are perfect for mountain climbing and jungle trekking...... SALUTE AGAIN!!

Last but not least, to the Chinese girl in front of me, who swore for at least thousand times along the trip... Good on you!!
She wanted to say "God! Oh my God!", but ended up with "Good! Oh my good!!"

"小姐,may I know what's so GOOD?"
haha.... I like to observe people when I'm bored XD
Ta!

No comments: